- 21-Aug-2013 to 20-Nov-2014 (CST)
- OPS: Canada
- Calgary, AB, CAN
- Full Time
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Scientific Drilling International currently has multiple job openings for Directional Drillers in Canada.
Duties & Responsiblities:
- The Senior and Second Directional Driller performs directional drilling services at the well site without direct supervision.
- The Senior and Second DD plans, executes, and manages all phases of directional drilling jobs of low-to-moderate complexity to deliver quality service that meets client expectations and SDI standards.
- Service quality, job preparation, planning, and job safety are key directives of this job.
- Manages own personal development and maintains current competencies described in the competency section.
- Senior DD's are responsible for training, coaching, and mentoring second and trainee DDs.
- Meets and maintains all minimum Safety Training requirements.
- Second DD's assists more experienced Senior DDs at the well site until he/she gains the required experience and proficiency necessary to advance.
- Senior DD's demonstrates advanced knowledge of all DD techniques and all surveying methods used in the location.
- Assists with pre-job planning and equipment preparation.
- Performs kick-offs under difficult situations (deep, high angle, and with anti-collision risks).
- Develops skill on intermediate well planning using Well Plan and Compass.
- Helps in the preparation of End of Well Reports and final client data delivery.
- Assists the DD Coordinator and Senior DD in the preparation of well site reports.
- Senior DD's are able to hold a tour without supervision.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Learns quickly and adapts to new problems and situations.
- Pursues every job with drive and determination.
- Uses logic to solve problems with effective solutions.
- Is personally committed to continuous improvement.
- Listens and is able to communicate effectively with managers, peers, and clients, both written and verbally.
- Presents self with professional appearance and behavior.
- High School Diploma, GED or relevant job experience required.
- Online Proficiency Exam
- Online Shock and Vibration
- Online Torque, Drag & Hydraulics
- Required HSE Courses
- Mag Comp
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings